Free webinar on October 26, 2021 from 9-12 CEST
09:00 to 11:20 Presentations
- 09:00-09:15 Welcome & Introduction + feedback on Geopolymers from earlier webinar (Erika Holt, VTT)
- 09:15-09:30 Geopolymers: An innovative class of materials (David Lambertin, CEA)
- 09:30-09:55 Direct PREDIS Connections to Geopolymers:
- 09:55-10:15 Durability of Geopolymers (Prof. Martin Cyr, LMDC)
- 10:20-10:40 Iron-Rich Binders from Bauxite Residue (Tobias Hertel, KU Leuven)
- 10:40-10:55 Use of Geopolymers in the Disposal of LLW/ILW in the Czech Republic (Václava Havlová, ÚJV)
- 10:55-11:15 Regulatory Issues and Geopolymers: approaches in non-nuclear sectors (John Provis, University of Sheffield)
- 11:20 to 11:50 Breakout Room Discussions
- what are the barriers to wider implementation of geopolymers in RWM?
- where can PREDIS potentially further contribute to developments in geopolymers?
- can PREDIS serve as a test bed for verification/demonstration of additional geopolymer processes which are close to deployment?
11:50 to 12:00 Close
- 11:45-12:00 Feedback from breakout rooms / Summary and Conclusions