- 28.11.2023 at 11-12 CET. Free public webinar – Towards EURAD-2 – summary of submitted proposal for EURAD-2 (2024-2029, integrating PREDIS scope). Register HERE.
- 1.12.2023 from 9:00 to 11:30 CET – Webinar on Delivery of the PREDIS SRA. Register here!
- 22.04.2024. PREDIS Students Meeting – Jointly with the Final EURAD meeting. Bucarest (Romania). Preliminary agenda. Register Here!
- 3-7.6.2024, PREDIS final conference, Avignon, France. Save the date! Register here! Preliminary agenda and hotel info here!
20-23.11.2023, PREDIS Training on Pre-disposal Waste Management Operations, Case Study at Orano’s La Hague facilities, France.
24-26.10.2023, DigiDecom’23, Helsinki, Finland.
4-8.9.2023, Joint Summer School on Waste Acceptance Criteria, with EURAD, in Prague, CZ, face-to-face with space limit to 60 persons.
11.7.2023 afternoon, EURAD-2 Webinar #2 information session.
23-26.5.2023, PREDIS Annual Workshop, Mechelen, Belgium
16-17.3.2023 Towards EURAD-2 “Focus Funnel”, in-person WP development event, Cyprus.
10.3.2023, Webinar on Life Cycle Assessment and Life Cycle Costing
25-27.1.2023, International Conference on Non-destructive Evaluation of Concrete in Nuclear Application will be arranged in Finland.
19.1.2023, EURAD-2 webinar info session.
15.12.2022, PREDIS WP3 Knowledge Management webinar, public.
3.11.2022, PREDIS Strategic Research Agenda: summary of 2022 findings/update, free public webinar.
5.10.2022, PREDIS Task 2.3 Waste Acceptance Criteria webinar. Restricted to project partners and End User Group.
May 30 – June 3, Euradwaste’22 conference
May 5, PREDIS SRA Workshop
April 25-27, PREDIS Annual Workshop, Espoo, Finland
February 16, at 13-16 CET – Digital Twins for Waste Management
November 25, at 9-12 CET on PREDIS State of Knowledge (WP3 – covering knowledge documents, training, mobility activities and opportunities)
October 26, at 9-12 CET on PREDIS developments of geopolymers for pre-disposal waste management (WP4-6 issues)
October 5, 9-12 CET on PREDIS metallic and organic waste characterization (WP4-7 issues), together with CHANCE project
September 1, 13-16 CET: PREDIS Gap Analysis and defining the baseline Strategic Research Agenda (WP2 Strategic Studies)
May 20, 9-12 CET: Waste Acceptance Criteria (WAC) 2 – needs, challenges and opportunities
PREDIS Workshop #2 4-6 May 2021, online. WP summaries for all partners and EUG on 6 May afternoon.
April 21, 9-12 CET: Waste Acceptance Criteria (WAC) 1 –information and resources
March 30, 13-16 CET: Innovations in liquid organic waste treatment and conditioning.
March 9, 13-16 CET: Innovations in solid organic waste treatment and conditioning: How to provide long-term solutions for the management of radioactive solid organic wastes through thermal treatments and immobilisation with conventional or novel binders
February 16, 13-16 CET: Innovations in metallic material treatment and conditioning: Getting the most from optimised characterisation, efficient decontamination and advanced conditioning
of both ferrous and more reactive metallic wastes.
January 19, 13-16 CET: Innovations in cemented waste package monitoring and storage Learn about the State-of-the-Art in wasteform/package/facility monitoring techniques (e.g., muon imaging) and how these applications can be improved and extended in the future.
PREDIS workshop 19.-21.10.2020
- PREDIS General assembly and workshop for consortium members 19.-21.10.2020 (on-line)
- Public Session for Stakeholders on Wednesday 21 October afternoon (13.00-17.30 CET).
- 22-26.1.2024 EURAD-MODATS online Training course on Monitoring in Geological Disposal facilities of radioactive waste. Click here to register!
- 11-15.3.2024 Waste Management Symposium (WM2024), Phoenix, Arizona. Info Here.
- 18-22.3.2024 DigiDECOM Training Course, Barcelona, Spain.
- 15-19.4.2024 SNETP Annual Forum, Rome, Italy.
- 23-25.4.2024 EURAD Annual Event (Final), Bucarest, Romania. Info Here.
- 21-22.5.2024 Nordic Nuclear Forum, Helsinki, Finland. Info Here
- 27-31.5.2024 OECD-NEA 7th International Conference on Geological Repositories, South Korea. Info Here.
- 10-14.6.2024 IAEA Conference on the Management of Spent Fuel from Nuclear Power Reactors, Vienna, Austria. Info Here.
- 25-28.11.2024 9th International Clay Conference, Hannover, Germany. Info Here.
- 1–3.12.2020, SHARE project, public workshop on stakeholder needs in nuclear decommissioning. Online.
- 2–4.2.2021, SNETP Forum 2021 “Towards innovative R&D in civil nuclear fission“. Online.
- 16–18.3.2021, EURAD 1st annual event
- 23–25.3.2021, DigiDecom, online
- 4.2.2021, Overview presentation of PREDIS at SNETP Technical Session 6.
- 19–30.4.2021, European Geology Union General Assembly
- 18.6.2021, CHANCE project webinar: Characterizing outgassing of radioactive waste using Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy. Information & registration at https://chance-h2020.eu/
- 24.6.2021, NEA Expert Roundtable, vide conference, Developing Safety Cases for Various Radioactive Waste Disposal Facilities, registration link.
- 27–30.9.2021, European Nuclear Young Generation Forum (ENYGF’21), Tarragona, Spain. https://enygf.org/ in-person and online
- 5.10.2021. CHANCE project webinar on Calorimetry, Information & registration at https://chance-h2020.eu/
- 18.10.2021. Webinar “Innovation projects supporting DGR, Investments for the Future Program” Andra, France, online. timing: 9.30-11.30. Register here and agenda.
- 1–5.11.2021, IAEA International Conference on Radioactive Waste Management: Solutions for a Sustainable Future, Vienna, Austria.
- 2–29.11.2021, ICTP-IAEA TRAINING, School on radioactive waste package performance testing. Online. Free, registration by 29.10.2021.
- 18–19.11.2021. OECD-NEA training “Thermodynamic data collection and assessment” Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA).
- 25.1.2022, CHANCE project webinar on muon tomography, online, register
- 28.2.2022 SHARE project final seminar, registration.
- 28–30.3.2022, EURAD Annual Meeting (public), at IRSN, Paris France.
- 28.3.-1.4.2022, Decommissioning of nuclear installations. In person, SCK CEN Lakehouse in Mol, Belgium. More detailed information as well as the full programme is available on https://www.sckcen.be/en/deco
- 4–8.4.2022, OECD NEA 6th International Conference on Geological Repositories (ICGR), Helsinki, Finland
- 4–6.5.2022, NUWCEM 2022 “International symposium on cement-based materials for nuclear wastes”, Avignon, France
- 15–20.5.2022, RadChem 2022 – the 19th Radiochemical Conference. In person in Mariánské Lázně (Western Bohemia)
- 29.6.2022, EURAD Knowledge Management Annual Event follow-up.
- 4–6.7.2022, DAEF 2022 “Key topics in deep geological disposal”, Cologne, Germany
- 18–20.7.2022, OECD-NEA RWMC Workshop on Developing Safety Cases for Radwaste Disposal Facilities, Romania.
- 2.9.2022 at 16-17 CEST. Free Webinar “Maximising Uranium Mining’s Social and Economic Benefits: A Guide for Stakeholders” organized by OECD-NEA. Register here.
- 7.9.2022 at 13.30-15.30 CEST Free Webinar ”Innovative Program for Decommissioning Waste Management Optimization: Focus on Characterization Developments” organized by ANDRA, France. New Register here.
- 20–22.9.2022, IGD-TP Symposium – Role of Optimisation in Radwaste Geological Disposal Programmes. In person in Zurich and video webinar.
- 18-20.10.2022 DigiDecom Conference, IFE, Norway. https://decommissioning.com/en/events/digidecom-2022/
- 25–27.10.2022, DigiDecom – Hybrid event under preliminary title ‘AI, data and robotics powered transformation for a sustainable decommissioning in nuclear and other industries’. Pre-sign for the event
- 7-11.11.2022 RWMC Workshop on the Management of Radioactive Waste and Decommissioning in SMR/Advanced Reactor Technologies, Ottawa, Canada.
- 15-17.11.2022, 12th International Symposium on Clearance and Exemption. In person Frankfurt, Germany
- 28.11-2.12.2022 EURAD Training Course on Safety Case. Prague.
- 18.1.2023 Training session on the Spent Fuel State-of-Knowledge document
- 27.2 – 2.3.2023 Waste Management Symposium 2023 Conference, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, including PREDIS-EURAD focused session on 2.3.2023 afternoon and many technical presentations/posters
- 13-16.3.2023 EURAD Annual Workshop, Cyprus
- 15-17.5.2023, SNETP Forum 2023, Technical Session 4 on (predisposal) waste management and recycling topics. Gothenburg, Sweden.
- 28.5.–2.6.2023, Alkali Activated Materials and Geopolymers: Sustainable Construction Materials and Ceramics Made Under Ambient Conditions, Calabria, Italy.
- 31.8.2023 at 10-12 CEST, public free webinar on Knowledge Management plans within EURAD-2 programme proposal.
- EURAD lunch-and-learn sessions every last Wednesday of the month. All PREDIS participants are welcome to attend.
- 28.8.–1.9.2023 EURAD joint training course from GAS/HITEC WPs on multiphysics and multiscale coupled processes in geomaterials. public, Belgium
- 13–15.9.2023 Interdisciplinary Research Symposium on the Safety of Nuclear Disposal Practices (safeND), hosted by BASE in Berlin, Germany. More info.
- 3–6.10.2023, ICEM® 2023 – International Conference on Environmental Remediation and Radioactive Waste Management®. In person in Stuttgart, Germany. Call for abstracts. 2023. For more information visit event.asme.org/ICEM
- Oksa, M. 2023. PREDIS Collaboration to Advance the Predisposal Management of Radioactive Waste. oral presentation at International Conference on Environmental Remediation and Radioactive Waste Management (ICEM2023), October 2023, Stuttgart, Germany. Paper.
- Carbol, P. 2023. Lessons learned from implementing training and mobility programmes within EURAD and PREDIS. oral presentation at International Conference on Environmental Remediation and Radioactive Waste Management (ICEM2023), October 2023, Stuttgart, Germany.
- Jacques, D. 2023. Digitalization and Digital Twins in Long Term Management of Radioactive Waste. oral presentation at International Conference on Environmental Remediation and Radioactive Waste Management (ICEM2023), October 2023, Stuttgart, Germany.
- Pancotti, F. 2023. Investigation, development and assessment of innovative direct conditioning solutions for radioactive liquid organic waste within the
PREDIS project. oral presentation at International Conference on Environmental Remediation and Radioactive Waste Management (ICEM2023), October 2023, Stuttgart, Germany.
- 6-10.11.2023 IAEA – International Conference on the Safety of Radioactive Waste Management, Decommissioning, Environmental Protection and Remediation. Vienna, Austria. Abstracts due 30.4.2023
- 24-26.10.2023, DigiDecom’23, Helsinki, Finland.
- RAINE DÄHN, Rainer. 2023. “Experimental characterizations of 30-year-old radioactive waste packages and its use for the development of digital twins” DigiDECOM’23 presentation, 25 October 2023, Helsinki, Finland
- 6-10.11.2023 International Conference on the Safety of Radioactive Waste Management, Decommissioning, Environmental Protection and Remediation, IAEA, Vienna, Austria
- Holt E., Oksa M., Banford, A. 2023. “Advancing Sustainability Practices Through Innovation in LILW Pre-Disposal Radioactive Waste Management: Outcomes from the Euratom PREDIS Project”. Presentation – Paper
- Kirk, J., Clayton, R., Banford, A., Stamford, L. 2023. “Applying a Life Cycle Environmental Perspective to the Development of Radioactive Waste Treatment Technologies””. in IAEA conference proceedings International Conference on the Safety of Radioactive Waste Management, Decommissioning, Environmental Protection and Remediation, 6-11 November 2023, IAEA, Vienna, Austria. Presentation – Paper
- Jacops, E., Banford, A., Holt, E. 2023. “PREDIS: Example of How Stakeholders Can Impact a R&D Project and Maximize Their Benefits –Leading to Increased Safety and Improved Sustainability in Radioactive Waste Management”. in IAEA conference proceedings International Conference on the Safety of Radioactive Waste Management, Decommissioning, Environmental Protection and Remediation, 6-11 November 2023, IAEA, Vienna, Austria. Presentation – Paper
- 8-10.11.2023 EURAD Workshop on assessing the long-term evolution of engineered barrier systems of waste disposal systems (ACES/DONUT WPs), public, Mechelen, Belgium
- 14-16.11.2023 DECOVALEX Symposium 2023, on coupled processes in radwaste disposal and subsurface engineering applications, public, Troyes, France